Choose Your Own Wedding is the most effective way to plan your wedding the right way, the first time – without spending thousands of dollars on a full-service wedding planner.
If you’re like most couples, instead of blissfully enjoying your engagement, right now you look kinda like this:
And that’s because you didn’t realize getting engaged meant taking on a part-time job for the next 12-18 months, learning trial-by-fire style how to plan an event, which you maybe don’t really even want to learn, and instead of getting paid, you’re the ones spending the big bucks.
Oh yeah, and your first time doing this job? It’s supposed to result in the most perfect best day of your life.
Of course you are stressed the fuck out!
It doesn’t have to be this way.
Take a deep breath and calm down because we are going to do this together.
Quit wasting your time on wedding blogs and internet forums asking folks who’ve planned half of one wedding for advice on how to make yours go smoothly.
Learn everything you need to know to plan a wedding that suits YOU.
Follow my step-by-step process so that you don’t overlook any details or make costly mistakes.
Get the help you need from an experienced professional, customized just for you, right now.
Plan from the comfort of home in your pajamas – or wherever you are – anytime it’s convenient for you.
And get it all without spending thousands of dollars on a traditional wedding planner.
Forget what your mom, the internet, or those glossy magazines say you have to do. It’s time to choose your own wedding – and get the professional planning help you need to make it happen.
What's In Your Planning Subscription
- 24/7 instant access to the online Wedding Planning Portal
- Literally step by step. Every part of wedding planning is included so you won’t forget anything.
- Access to all professional wedding planning templates, including print-and-go venue and vendor evaluation forms, my amazing budget spreadsheet with savings and payment tracking, fill-in-the-blank wedding day timelines and organizational documents, and so much more!
- Membership in our community of engaged couples to support and encourage you along the way
- Access to our full Discord server with channels on every wedding planning topic to talk through your questions in detail with me – an experienced, professional wedding planner
- Exclusive discounts on wedding invitations, save-the-dates, and other paper goods from major nationwide brands
- All content is fully inclusive of LGBTQ+ and feminist folks, with no outdated gender roles (#SmashThePatriarchy!)
Step-by-Step Modules to Help You Plan
Your Wedding Vision
- The Big-Ass Wedding Planning Checklist
- Your Wedding Vision (a fun exercise to reveal the wedding you truly want)
- Create Your Wedding Manifesto (setting wedding priorities and guidelines)
- How to Choose a Wedding Date
- How to Research Wedding Costs
- Managing Funding Sources (i.e. how to ask your parents for money)
- Developing a Realistic Wedding Budget
- Payment & Savings Trackers
- Calculators for Absolutely Everything
- Track it all with the Budget Spreadsheet!
The B Word: Budget
The Big Picture
- Defining Your Ideal Venue
- How to Find Wedding Venues
- How to Inquire with Potential Venues (with copy & paste email templates!)
- Vetting & Evaluating Venues
- Questions to Ask Wedding Venues (with print & go evaluation form)
- What to Look for in a Venue Contract
- Drafting your wedding day timeline
- Who to Invite to Your Wedding
- Dealing with Your People
- Wedding Party & Family Roles
- Hotel blocks and Other Guest Accommodations
- Wedding Day Transportation
- Tracking addresses, RSVPs, and Meal Choices
- How to Make a Seating Chart
The Guest List
How to Find and Book the Right Vendors for YOU
- Determine Which Vendors You Need
- When to Book Each Kind of Wedding Vendor
- How to Find Wedding Vendors Who Fit Your Vibe
- How to Inquire with Potential Venues (with copy & paste email templates!)
- Vetting & Evaluating Vendors
- Questions to Ask Potential Wedding Vendors (with print & go evaluation forms)
- What to Look for in Vendor Contracts
- This module covers every facet of food & beverages at your wedding!
- Full-Service/Traditional Catering
- Non-Traditional Catering Options (food trucks, restaurant drop-off, etc.)
- Bar & Beverages (including our booze calculator)
- Cake & Other Desserts
- Late Night Snacks
- Event Staff
Eat, Drink, & Be Confused
Details, Details, Details
- To DIY or Not to DIY
- All the Small Things (little bits & pieces that are easy to forget about)
- Wedding Ceremony Structure
- Our Favorite Wedding Ceremony Readings
- Tips for Friend & Family Member Officiants
- Ceremony Logistics
- How to Get a Marriage License
- Build Your Final Wedding Day Timeline
- Get Organized with Google docs
- Floor Plans & Event Flow
- Backup Plans for Inclement Weather
- COVID Considerations
- Confirm and Delegate
Wedding Day Logistics
Find Your Wedding Day Zen
- Rehearse Like a Pro
- Practical Tips for a Stress-Free Wedding Day
- Actual Tips for Your Team of Wedding Pros
- What to Pack in Your ‘Oh, Shit!’ Kit
- After the Wedding
Getting Started with Choose Your Own Wedding™ is as easy as clicking this button:
Why You Can’t Afford to Plan Without a Pro
The average couple spends around $35,000 on a wedding that takes them 5-10 hours per week for at least a year to plan.
The #1 reason folks go over budget? Because they didn’t know how much things realistically cost or what they truly needed for their wedding!
You don’t have to be a statistic.
Choose Your Own Wedding™ is the affordable way to plan with the help of a seasoned pro. I’ll start by saving you thousands of dollars on the cost of a full-service wedding planner and then show you how to you create a sensible budget based on your wedding priorities. And then I’ll hold your hand all the way through, giving you tips on which things actually matter, how to get the most bang for your wedding buck, and most importantly, when to chuck things in the fuck-it bucket so you can eliminate those costs altogether.
Here's What Our Members Have to Say
Hannah & Zack
“Choose Your Own Wedding was a fantastic foundation for me to build on in my planning process, and a perfect reality check when I was in the home stretch. Cindy’s personal attention was just the extra touch that made the experience really special.”
“I am so grateful I found Choose Your Own Wedding when I did – I wish I had joined sooner. It has reduced my wedding planning anxiety knowing that I am truly staying on track and getting things done. It has kept me mindful without overwhelming me. I plan on gifting CYOW to my closest friends and family who get married. Choose Your Own Wedding actually makes planning manageable and fun!”
Katie & Deb
Mareike & Jamie
“It’s like a middle step between totally DIY and having a wedding planner. If you’re up for doing most of the planning yourself, but want expert guidance, especially when you hit hiccups, it’s perfect!”
“We had our wedding during COVID – not at all what we were originally planning, but we still fulfilled our manifesto of ‘fun, unique, and meaningful!’ Thank you for Choose Your Own Wedding – it really helped at every step, even the ones we weren’t anticipating.”
Marsha & Josh
Who's This Expert Wedding Planner, Anyway?
Hi, I’m Cindy – your virtual wedding planner inside Choose Your Own Wedding™.
I’ve taken everything I know about planning weddings (and it’s a lot – I’ve been planning events since 1997!) and put it into a neatly organized online portal with worksheets, calculators, checklists, and professional templates for you to work through at whatever pace suits you best.
And while that’s super helpful to wedding planning, it’s not enough – because you’re not planning a cookie cutter day, you’re doing your own thing! Which means you’ll have questions and concerns that aren’t covered by general info and you’ll need a seasoned expert to help you sort that shit out. (Have I mentioned I’ve been doing this for a while?)
So you can rest assured that your wedding plans are in good hands with me.
I’m honored to have been featured in some of the coolest wedding publications around, like Offbeat Bride, Catalyst Wedding Co., Brides, and Bridechilla, along with regular news publications like BuzzFeed and GoMag.
How Much Does a Wedding Planning Subscription Cost?
I know what you’re thinking: Can’t we just find all this information on the internet for free?
One mistake most couples make is they think that doing all the planning themselves will be cheaper. What they don’t take into account is how slow and inefficient it is to spend all their free time scouring wedding blogs, Facebook groups, and discussion boards trying to find all the answers when they could be enjoying their engagement instead.
Or worse – the costly mistakes they will make because they’ve never planned a wedding before and simply don’t know how much of what to purchase or whether or not the prices they’re quoted are actually reasonable.
Next, people just ask, “Okay, then can you plan this wedding for me?”
Which I can! You can hire me or another professional wedding planner and expect to pay $8,000 – $12,000 or more to have every detail handled for you.
But if you’re here, it’s probably because your wedding budget is kind of tight and if you have extra money sitting around, you want to put it towards other parts of your wedding or big-ticket items in your life – like a new house, a car, or paying off those student loans.
The only solution is to learn to do it yourself.
Choose Your Own Wedding™ is your chance to shave hundreds of hours off of your planning time, ditch loads of wedding stress, and plan your wedding without expensive mistakes.
And you can get my professional wedding planning help for just $39 per month.
Plus, Choose Your Own Wedding™ is backed by our 30-day satisfaction guarantee!
We know this program is going to save you time, money, and hassle as you plan your wedding. But it only works if you work it.
You see, this wedding planning membership is only for folks who are going to login regularly and work through the modules. People who will use the worksheets and fill in the templates. Folks who will ask questions and support each other in our community. So if you aren’t going to do that stuff? Don’t sign up.
But if you’re serious about making wedding planning easier and less stressful? Then sign the hell up, because you have nothing to lose.
Give it a month. Complete at least two modules, talk to a wedding planner in our Slack space, participate in our community. If you’ve done that, and this program hasn’t made your wedding planning experience better? Just email us and we’ll make sure you’re satisfied – even if that means giving your money back.